MITX | BIMA
Do you like distilling complex topics for an audience? Do you have a knack for storytelling? Do you want to work in the center of New England’s exciting technology innovation industry?
Content is core to our organization. Our expanding community consists of the upcoming talent, decision makers, and power-brokers of the technology and business world. Thus, our events attract high-caliber speakers and attendees, both locally and nationally.
We're currently looking for enthusiastic contributor to develop a content strategy that is aligned with the mission of our organization. The right person will be a storyteller that is also able to wear multiple hats, learn from data, identifying thought leaders, and be a creative thinker who can put themselves in the mindset of our community.
The ability to lead projects from concept to execution is critical, and while you will have support from advisory board members and the team, you will be expected to develop forward thinking content independently and pull that through to all channels (events, newsletters, etc.)
Ideally you’ll have a strong interest in the technology industry and how it relates to customer facing business roles such as design, user experience, data, ecommerce and marketing. The right candidate will have connections in the space, and will be a natural born networker. Experience in identifying and researching trends and topics, and speaker development required.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The Content Strategist oversees the planning, coordination and implementation of organizational products, including but not limited to the following:
- Conceptualize content and trends while planning how they will come to life and executing event strategy, set budget and key performance metrics for the year - overseeing spending, delivering and reporting on results. Working closely with staff to deliver events on budget and creatively using resources to ensure the ongoing financial health of the organization.
- Establish and maintain an editorial calendar, content roadmap and associated workflows
- Collaborate internally and with external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience
- Lead efforts to ensure attendance goals for events are met
- Ensuring that events and content delivery strategies and plans are aligned with the organization’s strategic and financial objectives.
- Maintaining strong internal and external communications with all key stakeholders, liaising with potential sponsors, speakers, and partners in formal and informal networking environments.
- Conducting research with senior-level professionals to validate content ideas and assess competitive landscape.
- Developing an evaluation framework to assess the strengths of content delivery mechanisms to identify areas for improvement.
- Developing long-term product strategy that demonstrates continued evolution of programming
- Lead agenda strategy, speaker recruitment & management
- Collaborate with the marketing manager to engage the community through promotion of content
- Collaborating with the sales team to engage the community and create new and improved products
- Three to five years of experience in journalism, and/or content development
- Strong leadership, influence, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage thought leaders and personalities.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; flexibility; and ability to work independently, take initiative, and anticipate needs.
- Out of the box thinking and propensity towards continuous innovation.
- Positive outlook, enthusiasm, self-motivated and high energy.
- Ability to function as a dependable team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
Please email your resume to Amy Quigley at firstname.lastname@example.org