Corporate Communications Manager
Kaspersky is looking for motivated, creative, and organized PR pro’s like yourself to join our talented team! If you are someone who excels at media relations, PR strategy and writing, with an interest in cybersecurity and desire to take a lead role in managing consumer-related public relations campaigns in North America, then this is the role for you!
In this role, you will be responsible for media relations efforts and generating coverage about Kaspersky announcements, campaigns, and cybersecurity trends in media outlets throughout the U.S. and Canada, including print, broadcast and online. Your responsibilities also include ideating, planning and implementing communications campaigns.
You will also be responsible for promoting the consumer security business, by managing product reviews, B2C related campaigns and keeping employees informed of news internally as it relates to the B2C business.
You will be based in Woburn, MA and you will report to the Head of Corporate Communications, North America.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Manage PR campaigns that deliver measurable results, secure top coverage and generate news cycles;
- Drive and maintain strong relationships with general interest, consumer tech and security industry media;
- Proactively pitch story ideas, threat research, and expert sources to media;
- Develop press releases, PR plans, messaging documents, bylines, and other materials relating to Kaspersky's B2C business;
- Oversee all consumer product reviews;
- Work closely with Corporate Communications managers at HQ to coordinate global efforts;
- Assist with reporting and evaluating coverage success and general media tracking;
- Provide on-site support at tradeshows and company events, as needed;
- Develop deep understanding of the Company’s business, competitive markets, services and technology/business trends that affect them.
What You Should Have/Know:
- Experience in technology public relations (previous agency experience and cybersecurity experience are highly desirable)
- Self-motivated and strong communicator with excellent writing, editing, and verbal skills
- Demonstrated track record of leading successful, measurable PR campaigns
- Strategic pitching of story ideas to relevant media contacts and success in attaining media coverage
- A desire to work in a fast-moving, dynamic environment with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a variety of positions
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communication, writing and/or relevant business experience
- 4-6 years public relations experience
- Up to 20% travel required