Director Global User Experience- Converse
Leading with Digital, Converse is setting a bold strategic plan to enable and inspire consumer self-expression by positioning converse.com as the first and best source for authentic Converse products and experiences.
We’re seeking a senior user experience leader to establish a UX practice within our digital team. As our Director of Global Digital Experience you will lead both in-house and agency teams to deliver simple, beautiful, seamless and distinctive Converse digital commerce experiences across both web and app platforms.
Balancing gut with an inclination for data-informed decision making and a strong bias for user-centered design principles and methods, this newly-created position will drive the UX of both ongoing optimization of current ecommerce platforms as well as lead the team responsible for definition of new and emerging Converse digital commerce experiences across web and app platforms.
You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team that includes strategists, designers, producers, product managers, engineers, and business partners who share your passion for delivering unique and innovative experiences that meet both brand and commercial goals.
This is a hands-on design position that will balance both hands-on UX design work with strategy and visioning responsibilities.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Partner with product managers on product vision, strategy and definition.
- Lead all UX design projects for Converse digital commerce including feature additions and enhancements, new template definition and ongoing experience optimization efforts including creation of IA, wireframes, personas, and user journeys.
- Drive an innovation agenda – push us to move at the speed of our consumer, meeting our consumer where they are and where they are headed by defining distinctive Converse experiences on new and emerging digital platforms.
- Relentlessly push initiatives from loose concept through final production, ensuring uncompromising standards of quality at every step.
- Lead design project teams including direct reports, adjacent internal teams and external creative partners.
- Partner with Content Strategy and Design teams to bring initiatives to market that complement strong systems design with rich storytelling creative.
- Drive an iterative approach to experience design - identify user needs, prototype solutions, test ideas, and refine designs with data and user feedback natively integrated into your process.
- Continuously seek out new knowledge in design, fashion, technology, culture and consumer trends—as well as deeper insight on Converse products, processes and philosophies and translate this information to your team and its work.
Consumer Connection & Experience Optimization:
- Prioritize the consumer’s needs and interests at all times and drive the same orientation throughout your team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on user experience for constructing the approach to and interpreting the results of A/B and multivariate test scenarios.
- Define, operationalize and lead the business process for including regular consumer research, testing and survey methods into the work of the experience team.
Global UX Leadership:
- Attract, retain and coach a team of direct reports including, UX designers, strategists, producers and prototypers.
- Actively partner with business partners in Brand and Media to create consumer and brand-right experiences that support marketing and commercial goals, globally.
- Partner closely with geo-based business teams to understand and address market-specific needs and opportunities around the globe.
- Help to define, evolve, and disseminate Converse Digital Design standards and best practices to other teams throughout the organization.
- Design and implement an ongoing global experience audit and remediation process.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in HCI or a related field
- 7+ years UX experience in an ecommerce environment including interaction and visual design of digital products/experiences that have been released to market.
- Deep experience in user-centered design methods, including user research and synthesis, exploration, storytelling, detailed design, user testing and prototyping
- Experience with SFCC/Demandware is a plus.
- Preferred experience with content management systems.
- Passion for identifying consumer needs and mapping experience solutions to cultural and technological evolutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and making persuasive presentations to senior leadership
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks, and reliably meet deadlines
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new priorities
- Detail orientation and intrinsic passion toward success and high quality delivery
- Outstanding team player and positive attitude
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Logical reasoning, troubleshooting and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and process excellence
- Expert knowledge of design tools and processes
- An outstanding portfolio of desktop and mobile digital experiences