Director, Marketing Measurement
The mission of the Vistaprint Global Marketing team is to engage with micro business owners and convey our company’s commitment to help them look credible across all their marketing, while simultaneously acquiring new customers and driving long-term loyalty.
As we develop integrated marketing strategies and campaigns to support our mission, we recognize our accountability for results across all efforts. Whether it is brand building or sales driving activity, whether we are acquiring customers or retaining them, whether we deploy TV ads or emails, we need to quantify the incremental value of our marketing investments and continuously optimize the our media mix, our offers, and our creative. This necessitates an evolved and strategic approach to marketing measurement. And while we are balancing a complex set of marketing tactics on one side, the marketing analytics/ measurement landscape is evolving and becoming more complex and sophisticated on the other.
In recognition of this dynamic, we are creating a new role within Marketing, dedicated to Marketing Measurement. Reporting into one of the Marketing Leadership Team members, the Marketing Measurement Lead will partner cross-functionally (marketing, analytics and customer research, data, technology etc) to formulate our Marketing Measurement Roadmap and deliver across its milestones. This role assumes high visibility and relies on deep partnership with our extensive analytics team. The keys to success are the ability to grasp our channel mix in its entirety, provide an education to our organization on effective & comprehensive measurement, including required tools and resources, and leverage the provided resources to deliver the marketing investment guidance that allows us to cost-effectively grow our business.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Lead Marketing measurement, optimization and budget allocation efforts for Global Marketing team
- Evaluate Vistaprint measurement toolkit and develop a comprehensive roadmap to arrive at state of the art marketing optimization infrastructure across all stages of the funnel
- Become the ultimate owner of marketing measurement and marketing budget optimization practices
- Exhibit cross-channel thought leadership in both online and offline media space
- Guide the Global Vistaprint Marketing team on the levels and strategy for program investment across all stages of the funnel (branding, acquisition, loyalty)
- Design test strategies to answer our most important marketing ROI questions
- Engage with marketing team leadership to understand and conceptualize their needs, providing close-looped solutions
- Be an advocate of analytical reasoning, bringing clarity, discipline and purpose to the Marketing organization
- Help develop and apply a wide range of Measurement tools including Test/Control, Marketing Mix Modeling, Optimization Tools, Multi-touch Attribution etc
- Bring a positive and adaptable mindset to every day’s challenges
- Partner effectively with a variety of business stakeholders - Marketing, Customer Research, Analytics, Data, Technology and external vendors
- Act as a catalyst for innovation and new thinking for the entire Marketing organization
- Mitigate risk, reduce expense, maximize operational efficiency, quality and compliance of tools and deliverables
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling. Management consulting background is a big plus
- 5+ years of cross-functional leadership or management experience
- 5+ years of experience in client/partner servicing within the analytic marketing space
- Experience in all facets of marketing measurement - Online/ offline, Digital/ traditional, Direct marketing, Brand, TV/ Radio, brand building/ direct response
- Experience leveraging cutting edge analytical tools and partners in Marketing Measurement, Optimization, Machine Learning etc
- Exceptionally strong analytical techniques background: experience with Test/Control Analysis, Marketing Mix Modeling, Multi-touch Attribution, Experimental Design etc
- Ability to extract insights to identify growth opportunities and effectively communicate outcomes and recommendations
- Experience delivering through large cross-functional teams
- Collaborative partnership and strong influencing skills with marketing business partners and other enterprise teams
- Demonstrated ability to play a leadership role in large, complex analytical projects
- Strong sense of ownership, relentless curiosity, and self-driven approach to problem solving
- Capacity to act in entrepreneurial and creative fashion, infusing a large matrixed organization with start-up like energy
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.