Director of Customer Acquisition
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for business meetings and company events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
If you’ve led sophisticated, ROI-measured digital acquisition programs that drove dramatic growth – 2X YoY and up – at scale, this job is for you. We are looking for the next leader to take our multi-channel portfolio to the next level.
What you’ll do:
- Lead our digital marketing programs to acquire new and repeat customers through SEM, SEO, Social Advertising, Display Advertising, Mobile Marketing, audio, video and more.
- Build and grow the team of marketers that drives these programs.
- Optimize new customer journeys to focus on high value users who exceed LTV bookings (while discovering new traffic volumes and improving campaign efficiencies).
- Understand algorithmic bidding techniques and leverage ROI analysis (LTV/CAC and payback period) at a granular level: by platform, by geo, by campaign, and down to keyword or targeting criterion.
- Help invent and test all levers, from KW and persona targeting, to ad copy for maximum CTR of high-ROI traffic, to landing-page messaging and design, and more.
- Have deep understanding of multi-channel attribution (cross device) and ability to maximize a media portfolio across segments and channels successfully.
- Partner with our product managers and developers to evolve custom automation for managing our media campaigns leveraging up to date technologies.
- Partner with our data scientists to set up the predictive models that optimize our campaigns at a granular level (such as keyword- and geo- level real-time bidding).
- Partner with our UX designers to create store experiences that optimize conversions for distinct personas.
- Have 10+ years' experience in digital acquisition.
- Have significant accomplishments in SEM, SEO, Display, and Social advertising on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Have significant accomplishments in cross-device customer acquisition (you’ve used mobile marketing to drive downstream acquisition on all devices).
- Have proven experience building and leading growth marketing teams.
- Be ready and able to go deep with any of your team members, while keeping strategic and business goals foremost.
- Be creative enough to appreciate ad copy, analytical enough to grasp data science, and technical enough to understand how integration and attribution should work.
- Be deeply data-driven. Anticipate the next question while you’re answering the current one.
- Be passionate about insane growth, while operating within our culture of empathy and sane working hours.
What you'll get from us
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.