MITX | BIMA
Event Operations Intern - Spring/Summer 2019
Event Operations Intern – Spring/Summer 2019
MITX (Massachusetts Innovation and Technology Exchange) is seeking an Event Operations intern to help manage operational logistics for our 20+ events per year. We host both educational and networking opportunities ranging from panel discussions and VIP roundtables to a two-day summit, and a holiday gala.
This role encompasses all aspects of the event operations for MITX and our sister organization, BIMA, from initial venue contracting and negotiations through onsite coordination with all vendors to post-event budgetary wrap up. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, detail-oriented, ready to get your hands dirty, and comfortable with working independently.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Sourcing new venues and vendors
- Negotiate venue plans and logistics pre, during and post event, including AV needs, catering, and setup
- Manage and coordinate all event vendors and help oversee onsite operations – including onsite set-up, breakdown and staff responsibilities.
- Recruit, prepare, and manage volunteers and internal staff pre-event and onsite
- Provide general office support, including office/event supply ordering, name badge creation and printing, and others as needed
- Student pursuing a degree in Event management/Hospitality or Business preferred
- Prior events logistics experience or prior event operations experience a plus
- Detail oriented and able to balance multiple large scale events at one time
- Customer service oriented and well versed in handling member/registrant issues quickly and professionally
- The ability to thrive independently, communicate, and cooperate with peers in a team is essential
- Strong communications, written, oral and interpersonal skills are critical.
- Internship dates: April 2019 – August 2019 (dates flexible upon offer and acceptance)
- 2-3 days per week (Minimum of 12 hours per week)
- Must be able to work some evenings (on event days – no more than 3 per month)
- Nearest public transportation is the Silver Line (World Trade Center / Silverline Way)
MITX (Massachusetts Innovation & Technology Exchange) exists to foster a broad and dynamic community of professionals who work together to shape the future of customer experience, so that organizations can stay relevant, and businesses stay vital. Our members range from large enterprises like Dunkin’ Brands, TJX, and TripAdvisor, to up-and-comers like Drizly and ezCater.
We also manage a sister organization, BIMA (Boston Interactive Media Association), for individuals involved in digital media buying, planning and selling. MITX is a dynamic, exciting organization focused on building a community of people passionate about marketing & technology innovation. We hope you’ll join us!
- MITX has been a leading organization focused on innovation and technology in the business community for the past 23 years.
- At MITX, you’ll work with executives from leading brands like Rue La La, Wayfair, John Hancock and some of the most interesting start-ups in the community.
- Our team is small and collaborative. Teamwork defines our environment and we like to have fun!
- You will gain valuable work experience in a relaxed office atmosphere with great Seaport views and a casual dress code!
Send resume and letter of interest to Amy Quigley at firstname.lastname@example.org