Human Factors/Design Researcher
We are hiring a Sr. Human Factors Engineer who will be a member of Keurig Dr. Pepper’s expanding Consumer Design team. The role spans the range of design process, and will ultimately influence the majority of Keurig’s commercial products, both physical appliances and digital interfaces.
We are looking for an individual who has extensive experience in human factors, user research and interface design (both physical/embedded and digital interfaces). The individual will be responsible for individual contributions to various projects, and will be responsible for managing external vendors to supplement bandwidth.
What you will do…
- Identify research needs: Work with product design teams identify human factors-related risks and other research needs throughout the development process.
- Design and conduct user research and expert evaluations: Plan rigorous user research studies (qualitative and quantitative) utilizing a range of methods, such as: Rapid and iterative usability and concept testing, heuristic evaluations, SUS evaluations, ethnography, contextual inquiry, surveys, and summative usability studies.
- Contribute to user interface design: Leverage your deep human-factors expertise to guide design teams in the development of highly intuitive user interfaces across a variety of products, such as: embedded interfaces for physical products, digital appliance interfaces, and mobile applications.
- Manage our ease of use attribute leadership strategy: Ease of use is core to the Keurig brand and a critical attribute in our product development strategy. This individual will be responsible for determining our ease of use strategy, targets and measurement systems.
- Build our foundation of re-usable knowledge: This individual will be responsible for cataloging and synthesizing all pertinent consumer/experience research. The tangible outcomes of this work will include an ever-evolving set of design guides/standards and other re-usable knowledge that will enhance our design process.
A little about you…
- Highly collaborative, comfortable with ambiguity, experience working within matrixed teams.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, high-speed environment.
- Able to concisely communicate complex concepts to stakeholders at various levels of seniority.
- Experienced working with both physical and digital products.
- Able to build consensus among multiple stakeholders.
What you must have...
- Masters-level degree in human factors engineering, experimental psychology, cognitive psychology, industrial engineering, user-centered design, or a related field. (Bachelor’s degree may be sufficient for candidates with significant practical experience.)
- 5+ Years practical experience in the design and development of physical/digital priducts.
- Mastery of qualitative and quantitative research methods – experience with statistical methods strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Company Overview & EEO Statement
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.