MITX Sales & Marketing Intern
Winter Term (Jan-May) and Summer Term (June-August)
MITX is looking for a self-motivated marketing/sales intern to help us promote our membership community and events, assist with event logistics, and overall marketing administrative support.
The ideal candidate is a team player who is great at multi-tasking and thinking both critically and creatively. Applicants should have a genuine interest in technology, entrepreneurship, innovation, networking and events and be comfortable in a self-directed environment where their work and contributions can have a big impact! Each day at MITX is different and you will be tasked with a variety of projects varying from digital strategy to competitive research to graphic design.
- Help manage social media channels for MITX, BIMA (Our sister organization
- Curate content for weekly dedicated emails and newsletters from leading new sources, member company sites, and share relevant news with the MITX community
- Conduct various research and data tasks to assist with marketing projects
- Brainstorm and help execute promotions for upcoming events
- Work within our membership and event management platform, GrowthZone, to stay on top of daily membership needs, and make necessary website updates.
- Assist in new business pipeline development
- Event Planning – This is an all-hands on deck effort at MITX, from planning, inviting attendees, promotions, creating name badges, signage, and more.
- Students pursuing a degree in Marketing/PR/Communications, Business, English or Event Management preferred
- Copywriting skills, strong grammar and attention to detail
- Experience with Wordpress and Photoshop a plus
- Video editing skills a plus
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work in both independent and team environments
- Strong organizational skills (including the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously) and exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to thrive independently, communicate and cooperate with peers in a team is essential
- High degree of professionalism and maturity to interface with senior level executives and deliver exceptional customer service to members
- Have working knowledge of most social media and marketing platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Mailchimp.
WHO WE ARE:
MITX (Massachusetts Innovation and Technology Exchange) exists to foster a broad and dynamic community of professionals who work together to shape the future of customer experiences, so that organizations stay relevant and businesses stay vital. Our members range from large enterprises like Dunkin’ Brands, TJX, and TripAdvisor, to up-and-comers like Drizly and Wevo.
- MITX has been a leading organization focused on innovation and technology in the business community for the past 21 years.
- At MITX you’ll work with executives from leading brands like Rue La La, Dunkin’ Brands, TJX and some of the most interesting start-ups in the community.
- Our team is small and collaborative. Teamwork defines our environment and we like to have fun!
- We encourage entrepreneurial thinking and behavior by focusing on leading instead of managing.
- You will gain valuable work experience in a relaxed office atmosphere with great Seaport views and a casual dress code!
- 10-20 hours per week
- Must be able to work some evenings (on event days – no more than 3 per month)
- Nearest Public Transportation is the Silver Line (World Trade Center)
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Lauren at email@example.com.