Senior Marketing Analyst
Hi there. We’re Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network, driven to make cities better places to live.
Since 2000, we’ve worked hard to turn a brilliant and disruptive idea into a movement that serves more than a million members worldwide. We’re keeping the pedal to the metal and growing every day. That’s why we need talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family.
Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of urban mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and respectful company that’s seriously changing the world? Then apply! To learn more, visit zipcar.com or zipcar.com/careers.
We are looking for a mission-driven and highly analytical Senior Marketing Analyst to join our Marketing Analytics team. This team member will play a key role in enabling Zipcar’s Marketing and Sales organization to make better strategic decisions and help drive the transformation of Sales and Marketing to a fully data-driven organization.
In this role, you will work closely with all Sales and Marketing functions and will serve as a central resource that will assist in a wide variety of data-centric needs - from designing and delivering reporting to campaign analytics to advanced analytics – all driving the marketing and sales businesses forward. In this role you will also work closely with our internal data science, data engineering, and finance team, providing your counterparts with advanced analytics requirements for technical analytical projects. This position will report to the head of Marketing Analytics.
- Partner with the Marketing Analytics team lead to coach the broader Sales and Marketing organization on analytics and measurement approaches and methods and serve a diverse range of stakeholders with a broad variety of data/analytics needs
- Understand the financials of the business and apply this lens to the evaluation of strategic marketing decisions
- Proactively identify how analysis could inform business decisions. Translate business questions into a well-structured analysis
- Consistently guide and deliver structured, analytical and actionable problem-solving: setting the measurement and data collection plans upfront, structuring the analysis with the output and decisions that need to be made in mind, executing the analysis with high level of accuracy, surfacing the insight, visualizing the data and telling the story
- Delivering a broad range of analytical output – dashboards and reporting, forecasting, campaign measurement strategy and analysis, NPS reporting, survey analysis, segmentation, digital media attribution, and many ad-hoc analyses exploring and informing important business decisions
- Apply Data Science products (e.g. LTV, churn, member segmentation) to sales and marketing workflows
- Partnering with product engineering on best practices for data capture to support meaningful analytics downstream
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of relevant analytics marketing experience, ideally at a cloud-based consumer tech or consulting company
- Experience with developing analytical frameworks, metrics to measure ongoing business performance and understand key performance drivers
- Experience with translating business needs and key questions into inputs for data analysis
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (including executive team) and articulate ideas, analysis results, and recommendations
- Ability to prioritize work independently, ensuring accuracy while meeting rigid deadlines
- Familiarity with managerial finance concepts and analysis. Ability to read a P&L statement
- Expert SQL and Excel skills
- Experience in R and/or Python
- Experience with a data visualization / BI tool (Looker, Tableau, Spotfire)
- Strong proficiency with statistical methods; Experience with statistical modeling and machine learning preferred
- Proficient with Office suite
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or other web analytics packages
- Experience with CRM and ESP, salesforce or equivalent preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field; Master degree preferred
As a member of the Zipcar Team you get a great benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, paid holidays, personal and sick leave, along with a full complement of other insurance and support programs.
Because our work has a global impact, we enthusiastically support each employee’s commitment to creating a better world by offering:
- Free Zipcar membership & discounted driving rates for you and your significant other
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bicycle commuter reimbursement
- Paid parental leave for mothers & fathers
- Training and development programs to accelerate career growth
- Global footprint of job locations and opportunities
- Flexible and open work arrangements
- Fun, respectful, passionate, and collaborative environment
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company sponsored parties, outings, and events
- Discounts on a variety of products and services through Zipcar partners
Zipcar is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
To all recruitment agencies: Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.