Sr. User Experience Designer
You’re a zealot of usability and accessibility. You constantly critique the ease-of-use of websites and wonder why Amazon still looks like it’s stuck in 1999. You challenge client decisions and offer up elegant solutions that change their mind. You simplify chaos and love complex problems. If you are that person, we'd love to talk. At MERGE, we are looking for a super-smart, hard-working, and most importantly talented senior user experience designer to join our team.
- Devise New Ways – Architect compelling responsive websites and applications while considering all aspects of the user experience from content strategy to usability and accessibility.
- Deeper Understanding – Collaborate with internal teams and clients to interpret business requirements and translate them into flows, journeys, sitemaps, and hi-fidelity wireframes..
- Collaboration – Partner with our Strategy Team in design sprints to uncover insights and assist with user-testing. Work closely with visual designers to refine creative, but also able to work with existing design systems to deliver finished design layouts.
- Mentorship – Take the lead for most of your projects, often working together and guiding interns and junior experience designers.
- Win Business – Brainstorm, concept and contribute innovative ideas for new business pitches and presentations.
- Years of Experience – You have 5-7 years working in an agency environment or product design studio.
- Industry Experience – You have a range of clients in your book, ideally in the Healthcare and Financial Services space.
- Knowledge of Tools – You are adept at Sketch, Figma, InVision, and the Adobe Creative Suite, but you can also shine by quickly sketching out wireframes on a whiteboard.
- Depth of Expertise – You can design and document digital experiences that range from functional requirements, journey maps, and personas, to user flows, and wireframes.
- Proof of Work – An online portfolio that showcases everything from responsive web design to mobile apps, along with the methodology that resulted in the finished product.
- Ability. Ability to bring the highest level of skill and competence.
- Agility. To keep us flexible, nimble and incredibly responsive to client and market demands.
- Humility. Constant seekers of new ideas, amazing collaborators and builders of those around us.
MERGE embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.