User Experience Designer
Top of the Board
Through the power of education, we help over 150,000 people each year launch, accelerate and thrive in their careers. We’re Penn Foster, and we are on a mission to bridge the gap between education and economic opportunity to build a stronger workforce. A pioneer of online education, we are changing lives with each enrollment. Backed by Bain Capital Double Impact and in partnership with hundreds of leading employers, educators, and community-based organizations, our impact on the workforce can be seen across many industries. And while we’re proud of the progress we have made in upskilling millions of American workers, we know that much remains to be done! We’re looking for mission focused, purpose-driven individuals to join our team and play a role in helping to change a life, or make a dream come true.
We are looking for a user-experience (UX) designer able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and finally translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to apply their demonstrated experience to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Apply strategic thinking and creativity to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize student needs and business goals
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: creating user stories and translating research insights into ideas, and present your strategic designs for team feedback
- Master and apply usability and user-centered design principles
- Advocate for collaborative design, design thinking, and an inclusive UX process
- Analyze user experience research and testing to validate designs, get user feedback and identify opportunities to improve the learning experience
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience in Agile development processes
- Ability to work with, and potentially present to several different teams and stakeholders (IE: Development, Marketing, Product, etc.)
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch or Axure, bonus points if you’ve also worked with Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Omnigraffe, and / or Creative Suite
- An online portfolio that demonstrates strategic and creative thinking, highlighting: education design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
- Bachelor’s Degree, in addition to 3+ years in User Experience Design within a corporate, educational, or similar setting
The UX Designer Is:
A Collaborator – Without a big ego, you easily and comfortably work with multiple departments, including product owners and developers throughout the product lifecycle, seeking frequent feedback and weaving it into your final work.
Creative - You use your creative skills to discover, create and communicate new ways represent ideas and solutions to a larger group for iterative feedback and approval.
An Experience Innovator - You innovate throughout all phases of the design process from concepts and storyboards, persona development, interaction flow diagrams, wireframes and prototypes.
A Customer Advocate - You help identify user needs and participate in user research, concept testing, and usability testing. You will continuously seek and integrate user feedback and test results to optimize solutions.
Empathic - You are curious about how other people work, live, and think; you enjoy learning about the users of our products and how you can improve their interactions.
Perks of PF
Penn Foster is looking to pay $70,000 for the User Experience Designer position, and wages may change based on experience.
- Benefits that include medical, dental, and vision
- 401K Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Classes on the house – employees can enroll in any PF program, free of charge
The User Experience Designer is a salary wage position, and is eligible for overtime when scheduling is warranted and executed. The Fair and Standard Labor Act (FLSA) regulates such positions, and more information on FLSA and EEOC is available at the US Department of Labor’s website (http://www.dol.gov).
Penn Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. Any applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation during the screening process is asked to contact HumanResources at email@example.com.
Apply to be a User Experience Designer at Penn Foster today at: https://www.pennfoster.edu/why-penn-foster/about/careers#open-pos