User Experience Director
Boston Interactive is looking for a User Experience Director to manage a team of User Experience Designers and further build and evolve the agency’s user experience offerings. In this role, you will actively oversee all aspects of the UX/CX offering, serve as key point of contact for clients on large digital engagements, and envision creative, innovation solutions to complex business challenges. You will also collaborate with the agency’s other service disciplines in cross-functional teams to plan and execute strategic objectives on behalf of our clients.
If you are passionate about digital, fanatical about user-centric design and bring lots of creativity to your work, then Boston Interactive may just be the place for you.
Qualified candidates will have great interpersonal skills and the ability to manage our most strategic client projects and lead a UX team that consistently uses audience insights to uncover opportunities to deliver results for our clients. Candidates should have experience in all aspects of customer experience and user experience design including: primary and secondary research, journey mapping, wireframe design, prototyping, user testing, interactive design & creative direction, QA & deployment.
We offer a friendly, collaborative environment within a passionate team that loves their work.
- Set/revisit the direction and vision for the agencies UX/CX capabilities annually
- Use benchmarking to identify, develop, and promote UX/CX best practices, deliverables, and outcomes that are competitive in the marketplace
- Apply primary and secondary audience research methodologies to develop actionable insights
- Manage, mentor and train members of the user experience team
- Serve as UX/CX lead on client engagements, translating business needs into user experience solutions that meet the needs of complex organizations
- Evolve agency user experience approach, process and tools (including Key Performance Indicators, Use Cases, Usability Testing, Mobile and Eye-tracking lab, etc.) and ensure consistency across design work
- Participate in cross functional leadership team activities to further define and execute strategic objectives of the agency
- Present and sellthe groups capabilities and deliverables, in pitches, internally, and to senior clients
- Develop and present effective site strategies, site maps, wireframes, and user flows
- Facilitate on-site & off-site design workshops that gain consensus and inform design.
- Create functional prototypes, testing scripts and conduct user testing
- Effectively understand, demonstrate, and represent how the groups capabilities and offerings integrate with the other agency offerings and ultimately contribute to overall business or marketing results
- Create and document complex site/ application information and interaction designs
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 8-10 years of user experience design for software, web, and/or mobile
- A minimum of 5 years managing user-centered design teams
- Strong knowledge of interaction design and methodology
- Extensive experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies across multiple platforms
- Strong working knowledge of design tools (Axure, Sketch, etc.)
- Extensive experience using a variety of tools and methodologies to design, conduct, and analyze audience oriented primary and secondary research
- Strong presentation, advocacy and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to manage, delegate & multi-task towards deadlines
- Advocate for collaboration and internal cross-pollination with designers, technology & management
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience designing for mobile and responsive design
- Experience in visual design and/or development a big plus (unicorns welcome!) History in designing digital experiences that drive lead generation/conversions.
- Experience in UX for apps
- Experience in using personalization to increase engagement
Qualified candidates should send resume and portfolio link, if possible, with a list of projects that you played an integral role. Please describe your role in each project and provide relevant urls that represent your work.
Boston Interactive will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Agency must obtain advance written approval from Boston Interactive's recruiting function to submit resumes to a specific job opening.
Why You'll Love It Here
We work hard here, so we take our fun seriously. As a Boston Interactive team member, not only will you contribute to amazing projects and build a worthwhile career, you'll also enjoy the benefits that turn a simple job into a passion.