Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU) is seeking a UX Specialist to help craft the experience layer of the Credit Union's digital solutions.
Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU) is seeking a UX Specialist to help craft the experience layer of the Credit Union's digital solutions. You will partner with all areas of the business to connect the user experience with operational and technical systems. By utilizing a data-driven approach to product development, this role's primary focus will be to build an engaging end-to-end digital journey for our members.
This position will be integral to ensuring that the Credit Union's third-party vendors are seamlessly integrated. This may include reworking existing interfaces, being a champion for accessibility, improving internationalization, and implementing new tools that improve the member experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with vendors and the AVP, Digital Experience & Operations to ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Coordinate internal cross-functional teams to enhance digital solutions
- Analyze and monitor the user journey
- Evaluate existing partnerships and integrations, making recommendation on areas of improvement
- Coordinate with agencies and technical partners to craft an integrated digital experience
- Develop enhanced capabilities on all digital platforms
- Oversight of technical implementations across public websites
- Responsible for the capabilities and structure of company intranet
- Perform various administrative and other duties to support department
- Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years relevant professional experience
- Must have in-depth knowledge of modern front-end digital tools
- Experience working in digital product delivery across multiple platforms and versions
- Basic familiarity with API integration and development
- Ability to synthesize technical ideas and clearly communicate them to the broader team
- Experience in Human-computer interaction (HCI) principles and methodologies
- Direct experience with WordPress CMS development
- Comfortable with Agile development and project management
- Prior experience in Financial Services or Fintech
- Passion about technology that puts the user experience first
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Must be able to sit up to 4 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift 30lbs and other materials as required.
Please provide a cover letter with your application and upload as one document.
- Harvard University requires a pre-employment reference and background screening, which includes OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control).
- Harvard University is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
- This position has a 90-day orientation and review period.
More about the Harvard University Employees Credit Union: https://www.huecu.org/
The Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU) is one of the fastest growing Credit Unions in the country and a leader in our industry. As a not-for-profit cooperative, we put our members' best interests first in all that we do. We are passionate about service and fanatical about solving problems. Integrity and transparency are the foundation of HUECU's philosophy. Our mission is to enhance our members' lives by developing and offering trustworthy products that are easy to understand, easy to use and best suited to meet their financial needs.
HUECU has a dynamic small-business atmosphere where every member of the team has a significant impact on our success. Our headquarters and flagship branch are located in the heart of Harvard Square, surrounded by shops, restaurants, and the vibrant University community. HUECU staff are employed by Harvard University and enjoy competitive salaries and a robust benefits package.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
The dynamism that comes with working at Harvard is largely the result of our diversity. Here, staff, faculty, administrators and students representing a wide range of ages, races, interests and backgrounds come together in pursuit of common goals. Together, we strive to provide an environment that values diversity and promotes an inclusive culture.
Harvard University offers an outstanding benefits package including, but not limited to:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, a paid winter recess break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision plans: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Programs: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% subsidized MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout the metro Boston area.
For more information on Total Rewards at Harvard visit: https://hr.harvard.edu/totalrewards
Harvard University welcomes individuals with disabilities to apply for positions and participate in its programs and activities. If you would like to request accommodations or have questions about the physical access provided please let your recruiter know.
In light of the global pandemic, all interview and onboarding activity for FAD will be conducted via telephone & Zoom video conferencing. Temporary work from home arrangements will be required for this position, and it is not yet known when traditional on-campus work will resume. Additional details will be provided to candidates during the interview process.